Thursday 4 May 2023

DFI Day 2 Workflow Reflection

Another day of learning. We use Hapara at Weymouth Primary School to help us as educators with our learners and their devices 1:1. I remember during our in-class Facilitator Support with Jeremy Ferguson last year and how he encouraged us as educators to use Hapara as a tool to support learners instead of a watchdog type application. I am quite confident using Hapara.


With Dorothy this morning she spoke to us about Ako - Learn. A question that she had in her presentation was: What does Learning look like in my school? And as a practitioner can I articulate this? At Weymouth Primary we have our Weymouth Way - We think, we help, we learn, we care. In Te Reo Maori it translates to: Ka whakaaro tatou, ka awhina tatou, ka ako tatou, ka awhina tatou. Our values: Respect and Honesty Te Whakakute me te Ngakaupono. Our vision is: Whaia te iti kahurangi which translate to Strive for the best. Dorothy also talked about: Recognise Effective Practice, Amplify Effective Practice and Turbo Effective Practice. 



A small part of the session was about Cybersmart and Smart Footprint. I take for granted that my learners know the expectations around this. I will go back to this and go through it again about "Digital Footprint".
Part of the session was to: create a meet in Google calendar. In pairs we had to share our screens with our buddies and record our meeting. In the meeting we shared a blog post from the Summer Learning Journey and had these reflective questions. 

Here is my screen recording from today:


What did I learn that could be used with my learners?
Carrying on from last week of the Reading Mileage activity. I did show my learners how to use tables in docs.
What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
It has more been a refresher of what I have been learning and practicing in my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Priscilla,
    Thank you for supporting the other learners in our group and your lovely encouragement you give them. Also the very nice comments on all the posts. We are all at different learning stages just like in our class rooms. Next week is media and we have lots to choose from. see you on Thursday.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete