Thursday 11 May 2023

DFI Day 3: Media Reflection

Our 30 minutes session with Dorothy this morning was about Create - Hanga. This was about the concept of using Create to hook our learners into learning. It has challenged me to think about how I have planned for my learners in the classroom to create, to be curious and explore to create. I liked the following quotes:

I agreed with the idea that suggests 'Creativity is something people do'. Over the week, I will look at how I can carry out Create in my classroom? I've been thinking about provocations and STEAM lessons with my class.

I learned a lot from Louise about how to use Google slides. I liked how she shared about SlidesCarnival that has templates that are free for us to use. I'm going to use these for the slides that I create to share with my learners or if I have to do a presentation next time.

I also learned a lot of great ideas to use in Google drawing which Donna shared. I will go back to these slides and check out the links so I can use these with my learners in the class too.


Our main theme today is about Media. We talked and learned about YouTube. Being part of Manaiakalani, there are protocols for online learning. I've learned a lot today and there's lots that I would like to try out in my classroom with my learners. One is animations and the other is pick a path both using Google slides. This afternoon we were able to opt into the workshops to learn, create and share. I chose Pick a Path with Makaore. Here is what I created and I am still working on it. 


Please view my 'all about me' insert that I created today using google draw then downloading to a png in the right side bar.

2 comments:

  1. KIa ora Priscilla,
    I really like your pick a path on maths, it is great to see create being used in maths as it is often an area that gets forgotten about.
    I am looking forward to hearing and seeing the great animations and pick a paths your students in your class create.
    Have a great week!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Priscilla,
    Love these reflections about creativity and what that means for you and your learners.

    I haven't come across SlidesCarnival which is amazing - thanks for sharing 💡

    As Donna says - I really like your maths pick a path, many people create these for reading and writing so it's cool to see what it can look like in other subjects.

    Happy Wednesday,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete